Quitting smoking is hard, but this bubble-wrap-filled video gives you a major incentive to stop.

"Jimmy Kimmel Live" debuted a video with The 11 Initiative to help people stop smoking. How will you spend your 11 minutes?


Studies have shown that a single cigarette can reduce someone's lifespan by about 11 minutes.

11 minutes might not sound like a whole lot, but it can really add up.

As a recent non-smoker, I know how important it is to find incentives to keep with it.

Quitting smoking can be a really tough challenge, and I've been on the lookout for things to keep me motivated.

Otherwise, I know I'd burn through a pack a day (if not more).

"Jimmy Kimmel Live" teamed up with The 11 Initiative to motivate people to quit smoking (and stay quit) ... using bubble wrap.

They asked people to trade in a cigarette to unlock a mysterious 11-minute experience.

What better way to show how much fun can be had in 11 minutes than spending it in a world of bubble-wrap wonder?

Glorious, wonderful, irresistible bubble wrap.

I mean, who wouldn't love to dive into a pile, popping the bubbles along the way?

Or take part in this Sumo-wrestling-like battle?


It all seems like a pretty great way to spend some reclaimed minutes of your life.

Last year, The 11 Initiative did a similar experiment, offering people 11-minute opportunities ranging from rap lessons to playtime in a pile of puppies.

It's adorable and definitely worth checking out.

In the three months since I've quit smoking, I've gotten more than 300 hours of my life back.

Life is short enough as it is, so why would I want to make it any shorter? This video really spoke to me, and while I haven't been spending time wading through bubble wrap, I have been enjoying and appreciating the new, healthier me.

But it boils down to one question:

Watch the bubble wrap break on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" below:


Thumbnail image comes from "Jimmy Kimmel Live." GIFs are from "Jimmy Kimmel Live" and Giphy.

We did not get paid to post this. I'm just really excited about hitting my milestone of three months smoke-free.

Previous
Next Post »